Writing a book description is one of the most important parts of writing a book. It is the first thing that potential readers see when they search for your book on Amazon or any other book selling website. If your book description doesn’t grab their attention, they’re not going to read your book.
In this post, I’m going to give you some tips on how to write the perfect book description. You’ll learn how to make your book descriptions stand out from the rest of the books on Amazon, and how to get people to click on your book’s description and buy your book right away!
## How To Write The Perfect Book Description On Amazon
The first thing you need to do when you’ve finished writing your book is to go to Amazon and put it up for sale. This is the easiest way to get your book out there and for people to find it. You can do this by going to Amazon.com and clicking on the “Create a New Listing” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then, you can enter the title of your book, the genre, and the price that you want to charge for it. After that, you’ll need to write a short description of the book, which will appear on the right side of the Amazon page. Here are some things to keep in mind when writing the book description:
1. Make sure that your description is short and to the point. You don’t want your description to be too long or too wordy. You want it to be simple and easy to understand. You’ll also want to make sure that it doesn’t sound like you’re trying to sell your book to people. Instead, your description should sound like it’s written by someone who loves your book and wants other people to read it.
2. Don’t use too many adjectives or adverbs in your description. If you do, it’ll make your description sound like a sales pitch, and people won’t be interested in reading it. They’ll just be turned off by it. Instead of using a lot of adjectives and adverbs, try to use simple, plain language. For example, instead of saying, ‘This is the best book ever written,’ you could say, ‘It’s a great book.’
3. Avoid using too many exclamation points in your book’s description. Exclamation points are used to emphasize a word or phrase, but too many of them can make the description sound too much like an advertisement.
4. Make your description as unique as possible. If someone else has written a book with a similar title to yours, they’ll have a better chance of selling it if they write a unique description for their book than if they use the same description as everyone else.
5. Write your description in the third person. This will make it sound more professional and less like an ad.
6. Try to include at least one or two of the keywords that people are searching for when they’re looking for books on the topic that you’ve written about.
7. Include a link to your Amazon author page in the description. People will be able to get more information about you and your book if they click on the link.
8. Use bullet points to break up your description into smaller chunks. This makes it easier to read, and it also makes the description look more professional.
9. Include at least two or three of your best quotes from your book in your Amazon description. These quotes will help people get a better idea of what the book is about, and they can also help you get more sales.
10. Include links to all of the reviews that people have written about your book so that they can read them. People are more likely to buy a book that has lots of positive reviews than one that has few or no reviews.
11. Include the ISBN number for the book on your author page on Amazon. This way, people who are looking for a book on the same topic as yours can find it easily.
12. Include your social media links on your description so that people can find you on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
13. Include any other information that people might want to know about you or your book (for example, your website address, your email address, and your phone number).
14. Include as many keywords as you can think of that are related to the book that you have written. These keywords will help search engines find your book when people search for it on the internet.
15. Write a short, catchy title for your description that will make people click on it. This title should be something that will grab people’s attention and make them want to read more.
16. Write an email to your friends and family and ask them if they’d be willing to review your book for you. This can be a great way to build up your author’s page and get more reviews on Amazon and other book-selling websites.
17. Put your book up for free for a limited amount of time so that you can get as many people as possible to read and review it. The more reviews that you get, the more likely it is that people will want to buy it later on.
18. Put up your book as a pre-order. This means that people who want your book will have to pay for it before they can get it, but they can still get it for free while they wait.
19. Put a link on your Facebook author page to your book on Amazon, and ask your friends to share the link with their friends.
20. Send out a press release to local newspapers and magazines about your new book.
21. Use Google Alerts to find out if anyone else has published a book about your topic. If they have, send them an email and ask if you can use one of their book descriptions in your own book description.
22. Get your book reviewed on Goodreads. Goodreads is a website where people can rate books that they’ve read. If your book gets a good rating, people will be more likely buy it. You can find out more about Goodreads.
23. Use Twitter to promote your book. People who are following you on Twitter will see your tweets, and if they like what they see, they can click on a link and read more about it on your Twitter page.
24. Use Facebook to promote the book. If people like your Facebook page, they will see the posts that you put up there.
25. Use your blog or website as a promotional tool.